Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mask Making




These are the 3 masks I thought were inspirational. The first mask I chose because I thought the colors did a great job of defining the shape of the eyes and nose. The second mask appealed to me because of the detail and visible texture. The third mask I chose because of the vivid colors.


I drew sketches of three different masks that I thought would hold importance to certain cultures. The top left mask is an intimidating figure with sharp teeth. The top right mask has importance to nature as the hat is made of leaves and a river runs across the mask. The third mask is a dog like creature with flames surrounding its mouth.


I chose to make this mask because I think it might look like a mask made by a earlier culture. It has animal characteristics and also displays fire. Fire is important  to all cultures. I think the colors of the fire could also be intimidating as well as show the importance of fire. The tongue is three dimensional. I thought this was a very interesting activity because it involved thinking about what would have been important to some past cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment