Sunday, October 9, 2011

Installation Art

Step 3:
A) Installation art is when a space is presented as a work of art that can be entered, explored, experienced, and reflected upon.

B) Installation art can be constructed out of any type of materials.

C) I think the main purpose of installation art is to allow the viewer the chance to "walk through" the art and explore the piece that has been created from where they would like as opposed to just standing and looking at a painting.

D) I think one of the most interesting installation pieces is Ann Hamilton's Mantle. I thought it was very unique that she hid speakers in the flowers to produce noise as part of her work.

Step 4:
A) I really felt a connection with Ann Hamilton's Mantle. I felt a connection with this piece because of her use of audio in her art. I think that audio can play a very large role in how art is perceived.

B) I explored the Self theme for this project.

C) For this work I used an electric guitar, amplifier, cds, drumstick, and a guitar pick.

D) This installation is located in an empty room in my house. I use this empty room to practice guitar so I felt it was a good place to set up my work.


Step 7:
4) Description: I love music and love playing it. This is my expression of the elements that it takes to make music and also finished products of music as shown by the cds.

5) Analyze: When I first created this piece I just had everything layed out randomly and it felt like something was missing. After some thinking I arranged the items and used the guitar cable as a line to tie everything together. The line starts at the guitar and leads the viewer through some of the elements and components of music.

6) I thought this project was very interesting. I feel there is more freedom in installation art then there is in other forms of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment